I had one of those not long ago, and although I searched for the people that usually recharge me, it just didn’t help. Sometimes it’s so hard to turn emotions into words…
Now, that I have the perspective of distant emotions, I’ve created a list of some of the concepts that resonated with me, making me feel better. I believe they will resonate with you as well.
1. Forever is not an option. That’s the main premise of your existence. Things and emotions don’t last. Everything has an expiration date. Beauty, happiness, sadness, even love. It all transforms with the passage of time. Nothing is static. Enjoy your emotions while they last. Being able to feel intensely is a blessing, and not everyone can. Yes. It often hurts, but you can choose to transform the pain and fear into creative output, instead of turning to your Nutella and crying yourself out. That’s what true alchemy is all about.
2. Nothing is happening right now. Look around you. There you are, staring at the screen. Nothing is really happening. If you are anxious it’s because you are letting either the past or the future bother you. Right now, you are ok. Just breathe.
3. Some things just are. Don’t build a story around what happened. Don’t try to solve it, or change it. Let it be. Things happen without a specific reason, and not because you are a good/bad/average person. Pain happens. Now, let go.
4. Believe in angels. More than once I’ve had this feeling of absolute love and complicity for certain people who, by chance, enter into my life without any warning. They suddenly become my center, but after a while they leave unexpectedly. I believe in angels. Yes. Some of the people in your life, are just messengers. No matter how much you love them, or how hard you want them to stay, once they’ve delivered their message and male you realize unexpected things about who you are, you need to let them go. And it’s ok.
5. We are all dying. This morning I observed all the mothers at my 3 year old’s preschool while we were having a Mother’s Day breakfast. It was such a beautiful scene. Mothers hugging their babies with all the love in their heart. I kept thinking how bizarre it was that all of us knew that conceiving a baby, and creating life, meant that these beautiful beings would be here for just some years, and that was reason enough to change everything in our lives. In other words, whatever experience you went through was worth it. You’ll understand one day why you had to live it. Be grateful for it.